April 22nd is Earth Day! Every year on April 22, Earth Day marks the anniversary of the birth of the modern environmental movement in 1970.
Earth Day is widely recognized as the largest secular observance in the world, marked by more than a billion people every year as a day of action to change human behavior and create global, national, and local policy changes.
Today, we want to celebrate our planet and everything that makes it wonderful. Whether you’re spending time outside enjoying nature or taking some simple steps to reduce your environmental impact, we all can do our part to help our planet. Here are a few ideas for ways to show your love for Earth today and every day!
🌎 Ways that Piroshky Piroshky is environmentally friendly:
- We reduce our emissions by utilizing a digital store presence, hosting virtual meetings, and collaborating with local partners.
- Our kitchen is virtually wasteless as items are made to order. Any remaining materials are composted or recycled. Currently, our garbage is under 10% of our total waste!
- When you visit our stores, you’ll be handed your piroshky in a biodegradable paper bag. This minimal packaging is all you need to enjoy your Piroshky for now or to save for later, no utensils or plates are needed!
- For our shipped products, we send our chilled products with reusable ice packs and use Ingeo biopolymers in our packaging. Ingeo is made from starchy plants like corn and is grown right here in the United States. The starch from corn kernels has the added benefit of being compostable when it is finished being used.
🌎 Ways you can celebrate and help create a positive impact on #EarthDay2022:
- Try Alternative Transportation: Biking, walking, or taking mass transit is a fantastic way to reduce your carbon footprint.
- Beautify your community: Pick up litter. Don’t forget your gloves!
- Think globally, act locally: Supporting local businesses and farmers keeps your community thriving.
- Re-Use, Reduce, Recycle: Donate old clothing and household items. Try reusable straws and utensils to decrease dependence on single-use plastics.
Today is a day to celebrate our planet and all that it provides for us. It’s also an opportunity for each of us to do our part in preserving our environment for future generations. There are many ways we can make a difference, from reducing energy consumption to recycling and composting. What will you do today to show your love for Earth?